Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Motel service?

Over the weekend was my niece's engagement party. We decided to stay at the venue and I booked for 3 singles. This was for myself, my 22 year old son and my 15 year old daughter. When we arrived there were 2 double beds. I called reception and mentioned that I had booked for 3 singles. They simply responded by saying that they couldn't do anything about it. I asked if they had another room, or simply a roll out bed. They said they didn't. "You can speak to the manager if you like", I mentioned that I thought it would be nice if they had a chat with the manager and asked the manager to call me with a response.

The other problem with the room is that the wafting aroma in it was stale cigarette smoke.

A few minutes later the phone rang. It was the manager who obviously had no idea what I had called about. I explained my concern and he said that nothing could be done and wanted to find out when I had booked the room to try and ascertain who had taken the booking so that they could be chastised. I explained that their processes were not my concern and that I didn't feel that that was important. I simply wanted to feel good about my stay at the motel. He again said that nothing could be done and that the person who had the authority to do something to make me feel good about the experience would not be available until Monday.

I suggested that they explain my concerns to that person and that the person calls me Monday.

Needless to say, I am still waiting....

My question is - should I name the motel?











Custom Search




6 comments:

  1. I don't think there's anything wrong with the "naming and shaming" approach, Cheryl.

    On the one front, it will help other people decide on whether that kind of service is worth the money they pay.

    And on the other, if the hotel is monitoring its brand, it might just see this post (or reactions to it) and re-evaluate their service level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, go ahead and tell. I agree with Danny above. The company has a right to know. Usually,they get their feedback with surveys. If they are doing any searches for their brand name, your blog will come up.

    And, don't worry about being libelous. You are not attacking, just reporting your experience. And, in a very nice way, I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Danny. Naming and shaming so they get the point is best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first post Cheryl! Bad service means a business won't around for very long, but they just don't seem to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why not post a review on Tripadvisor where everyone goes to check for how the service is at places to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great first blog, Cheryl - well done you for becoming a blogger in your own right!

    On topic - name them.

    I look forward to your future blogs. We need to keep talking about what good customer service looks like so we can set a benchmark for everyone!

    ReplyDelete